Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Talking to the Lord About YOU!

 


Talking to the Lord about YOU!

What in the world do you do with all those beautiful Christmas cards and pictures you receive every year?  Let's be honest, we can't keep them all every year or we would have boxes in storage of them.  But we can't throw them away can we?  I mean, people spent money (I know how much because I sent them in the Fall and know how much these beautiful creations cost!).  They took the time to type out my address label or if they are like me, they hand addressed all 100 or whatever astronomical number they sent out.  Then they spent the money again on that stamp that is also reaching astronomical numbers these days, like everything else. 

So, what do you do with those cards?

I struggle every year when I start organizing and putting away the Christmas decorations and clutter that always accumulates by oh, mid January.  This year I received a brilliant solution to a prayer I never even prayed!  Why not keep them with my little gratitude journal and Bible and every morning take the one that is next in the pile and pray for that family?  Ta-da!  I don't feel guilty for throwing them away and YOU are being prayed for.  If you took the time to send us a card this year, just know you are being lifted before the throne of Grace every few weeks or days or how ever many cards I have! 

Which brings up another thank you I owe to those of you who blessed us with cards and letters.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.  The method to my madness in sending "We Moved" cards in the Fall was so I didn't miss out on those beautiful cards at Christmas time.  There are a select few that sent us Christmas cards every.single.year we lived in Brazil.  You know who you are and know what that meant to me because I have told you.  

When you live abroad you lose contact with many, many people.  It just happens.  It's not anyone's fault.  It's reality.  It was my reality and took time to work through the pain of friendships/contacts lost but in the end it just made me overwhelmingly thankful for those who took the time, cost and energy to keep in contact.  My heart overflowed when those cards started arriving and it wasn't any different here in Texas this year.  Far away from our family and long time friends, we didn't know what Christmas would look like but our tree was decorated from top to bottom with cards and pictures of people who didn't forget us.

I have not forgotten you either and it is a privilege to pray for you.  Sometimes I take out your card and cry because I just miss you and your family so much.  Usually there is a smile in the midst of those tears because your friendship makes my family and I smile and brings us so much JOY.  Sometimes I look at your card and long to see you again because its been so many years since we last met but you still include us in your lives.  Thank God for those letters that often accompany the picture so I can actually figure out who is who in those kids who have grown and changed so much and low and behold aren't babies anymore.  

And to you sweet, welcoming Texans who have just embraced our family and loved on us at Cornerstone Bible Church, thank YOU for sending us cards too.  Know when I see your faces my heart is overwhelmed with gratitude for you and your friendship.  Thank you for ministering to us in so many, many ways.  Ya'll especially make me smile! 😁 

So, if you sent us anything this past Christmas season and want me praying for something specifically, please let me know.  We love you and thank God for you and hope you leave us on that card list! 




Side note: our tree is still up and lit up and adding so much fun to our somewhat empty living room I just didn't want to put it away this year.  We just took off the Christmas decor and hung fun hearts and ta-da, we have a Valentine's tree.  Easter is coming but it's still decorated with hearts to remind our little family to love dearly, completely and well AT HOME. 




Blessings on your February 20th day!

Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment