Monday, April 15, 2024

A Hug in a Box and Measuring Cups

 

It was a hug in a box that arrived at my door on Saturday!

I sat in the middle of my livingroom floor and tears just oozed out and overflowed as I opened the last item of my "hug in a box."  A small glass measuring cup with a rubber lid.  Okkkaaay, you say.  What in the world would make you cry over that?  There is a whole back story so let me share.  A few weeks ago my young son confessed in the car one day on the way home from school that he doesn't think God will ever give him his one hearts desire, a dog.  So we talked about God's glory and timing and we don't really have an appropriate home today for a pet, etc etc.  And it's all true.  When it will bring our God glory, He will provide a companion for Noah.  But I will say, my mama heart broke just a little to see his loneliness and his deep desire for a dog and the tears leaving a wet path down his cheek in spite of his brave attempt to hold them in.

Fast forward to this past Saturday evening.  Chloe and I were preparing dinner and pre-prepping Sunday lunch and I make this random comment that someday I will buy myself glass measuring cups that don't have their numbers all rubbed off!  My Hug in a Box was already at my door.  The children found it moments later and now you know why I couldn't hold back my tears because HE CARES!!!!  He cares about silly little things like measuring cups and how loved and thought about I would be by that box full of sweet little things she knew I would enjoy.  I texted her right away and guess what?  The measuring cup was an afterthought.  A padded box that would fill in a gap and keep everything else she had chosen secure and safe.  

Noah was helping me unpack and looked at me startled when he saw my leaking eyes.  I said, "Noah, you remember your despair of ever being able to have a dog?  If God thinks it was important to send me a little measuring cup literally minutes after I commented in wanting one, don't you think He cares even more about your little heart and desire to have a furry companion?"  He got it.  Clearly.  His eyes filled with tears and we leaked together!  What a marvelous, KIND God we serve.  

I have had a whole blog about kindness pending in my head.  I will save that for another time but can I just say that the last weeks we have been the recipients of so much kindness by our God and His people?  It feels like it is raining material blessings.  It is terrifically overwhelming.  And humbling.  How I pray we use these gifts well and for His glory and honor.



Our precious friends drove an hour, took the trampoline apart, loaded it up, brought it to our house and then helped us put it together.  Someone at church just wanted it out of her yard before her move and we were the super excited recipients of her generosity.  Literally three days before she offered it to us, Noah had said AGAIN how much he would enjoy a trampoline.  HE CARES!!!!


It was such a sweet team effort!

The kids have logged HOURS on this trampoline already.  Lord, you are so KIND to us.  We did not need a trampoline but You saw what a blessing it would be for our kids and chose to bless us generously!  THANK YOU!!!

A wonderful outing with our Canadian friends to the Houston Botanical Gardens on the last holiday.  These are the places we have to visit before the harsh southern Texas heat hits! 





Silly, silly girls!  Where teenage girls come up with so much to laugh about I don't know but I love to watch their budding friendship.






What a gorgeous display of God's creation.  Many of the plants are still small but so many were in full bloom and it was breathtakingly beautiful to see.  Of course, I think the girlies are pretty too!

Dear ones, if you are unsure of His care and love over your life, look around you at the beauty of creation, the beauty of God's people, your family, your home, your job or form of sustenance.  How He sends little things into your day to make you smile.  How He knows what you have need of right now, today, at this moment.  If you need a hug in a box, please let me know.  I have been the recipient of many precious care packages over the years and I know how loved they can make one feel.  


                                                                                     Blessings and Joy on your day,

                                                                                                            Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment