Sunday, November 15, 2020

Tis The Season!

A Pastor said this morning, in a world where there is so much to not be grateful for, we have JESUS, so we have EVERYTHING to be grateful for.  Emphasis is mine!

And I agree.  We may have world insanity, irrational laws and "guidelines" that change almost daily, lockdowns, churches still closed, school children NOT in school, low stock in stores, no TP (again) at Costco (ironic smile inserted), a nation divided quite evenly down the middle and so many, many other things/situations we don't like nor did we ask for.  BUT.  We have Jesus.  We can have His peace if we desire it.  We truly have all the "spiritual blessings in the heavenlies"and if that is all we have, amen.  Heaven is our goal and so it's ok if the craziness here below just leaves us longing for HOME.

That is what is on my mind.  Running around my head at my awake times in the early morning hours when I can't sleep because well...there is just too much going on in my head!

My children and I are five short days away from our vacation trip.  Husband is not going, which is the sad thing about it all.  We will see people we love ever so much that we haven't seen for almost 2 years.  That is the happy part.  The scary part for mommy is traveling in this pandemic, with an extremely  SHORT layover going (so pray for us next Saturday if you think of it-we need to make that flight Saturday evening!) and flying into another world, on another continent that is so full of regulations and rules it makes my head spin.  But I fully intend to enjoy my first vacation in a year and a half of working full time, mommying full time and supporting my husband through cultural adjustments and unemployment full time.  I kind of think I need to sleep for oh, maybe about a week!!

So, here are a few things we have been up to the last few weeks.  Life has certainly picked up and it's been GOOD to be back in community, even if somewhat limited.

He came with his mommy the end of September and spent a marvelous afternoon with us.  Oh we enjoyed having a baby to love on for several hours!





Just because I happen to LOVE my centerpiece!

I got a date night with this handsome guy for our 13th wedding anniversary and I loved it.  We don't get to eat out much.  Like really.  It is a treat and a half and thanks to my two sweet co-workers, this evening we dined in style.  So fun!


This picture symbolizes to me all that has been stressful about this year.  Simple things like renewing passports is not to be taken for granted and while I have more grey hair because of this particular experience, God's grace has been so evident.  

Tea with Mom, A. T, sis in law and the girlies.  Obviously the picture we took of everyone wasn't on my camara but it was a fun Saturday afternoon.




I bought myself an anniversary gift and decided to take my family along with me!  Actually my original plan looked much different but I decided it was high time for us to get away for awhile as a family, so I scheduled a weekend away.  Husband had to work unexpectedly that Saturday so we just rearranged things and went a different direction, quite literally.  We were in Half Moon Bay for a short 24 hours but it was so good.  Good to just be together.  Good to enjoy God's amazing creation.  We watched the sunset at Pigeon Point Lighthouse, enjoyed good food we didn't have to fix and just sat on the beach for several hours.















My children's first experience carving pumpkins!  We were invited to a wonderful Harvest Party at dear friends' home.  We sure had a good time but the children and their daddy decided cleaning the pumpkins was not their idea of fun!!!



And then on November 3, the event of the year happened for us!  The children went back to school on campus.  This Grandma took loving, patient care of them for almost 8 months while mommy and daddy worked.  She deserves many jewels in her crown to taking on the challenges of 2020 with a smile and along with the children and mommy, a few tears too.  After this year of homeschooling/Distance Learning I kind of feel my mom and I can get through anything!!



Being back in school has not been all a piece of cake.  Sister especially has had a tough time as she learns about cliques and trying to make new friends at a new school with 6 feet distancing and masking regulations.  Brother is doing great.  They are excited to be back in the classroom but if you think of my girl, pray for her.  She would greatly appreciate it.

As you prepare for and move into this week, may His JOY be your STRENGTH.  Do not look to the world or anything in it to bring peace or HOPE.  You will be disappointed and angry and scared.  Look UP: His grace will be sufficient for one day at a time.  That is what I am finding to be true. 

May your Thanksgiving month be overflowing with gratitude and blessing and anticipation.

Be blessed, 
Jama







 

No comments:

Post a Comment