Thursday, December 28, 2017

Joy, Peace and Good-Will to Men


 Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018 from our Family to Yours!

Chloe Maria-7 Years Old




Noah Miguel-4 Years Old



World news, local news, yahoo headlines and google searches show us a much different reality than what we HOPE for but with JESUS, I am confident that 2018 can be full of Joy, Peace and Good-Will...starting in me.  

May this year be the year that we grow a little bit closer to Him, become a little more like Him, spend just a little more time in His Word and look outside ourselves just a little bit more to the world around us that needs Him so desperately.  

A little bit of the last few weeks of 2017 for our family:

Noah and his class before our schoolyear ended on December 8th

The event of our year: the birth of Caleb, our beautiful nephew.  A miracle baby who has brought much joy and excitement to the entire family.

We are all in love...

Christmas gift exchange in Chloe's classroom in early December

Christmas party with my students: I taught them how to make cutout cookies and then they decorated them.  



Chloe saying goodbye to her buddies for the summer.  There were many tears the last week of school for our girl.  She loves so completely and so deeply.  Six weeks away from her friends and changing teachers for 3rd grade is just heartbreaking!



Decorating...finally...for Christmas!

Another use for Christmas stockings!!!

The children's School Cantata was absolutely beautiful and so very well done.


Our family and friends who were able to join us for the children's Christmas Cantata.  It was so special to have them there.  Meant so much to my children.

Dress up Photo Booth at my little friend's 15th birthday party


I was so honored to be invited to Victoria's 15th birthday party, a very celebrated event in the life of a Brazilian girl.


I literally graded my student's final exams and papers, emailed their grades to my coordinators and packed my bag and left for five full, but wonderful days of training with Griggs International Academy.

One of the highlights of my week was rooming with this lovely young woman, Luminita.  She is Romanian and married to her Brazilian prince for exactly the same amount of years as I am married to mine!  We spent hours talking about everything under the sun and ate a ton of delicious food all.week.long.  I learned so much from her in five short days.  It amazes me how God orchestrates things to bring me in contact with the most amazing people in the world.

Chloe singing in our little church's Christmas service.

Christmas Day at Avo Rosa and Avo Jorge's house..and yes, it is very HOT here if you are wondering why our little boys are shirtless!

Caption completely unnecessary!

Singing Happy Birthday to Jesus!

I think all I have to say about this is some boys will just always be boys!!!

Our traditional acting out of the Christmas Story

Mary and the Angel

Baby Jesus...who did NOT enjoy being baby Jesus!

Us

Noah and Mommy have been home just the two of us the rest of this week.  Chloe is enjoying a few days at her grandma's house and Noah has spent hours playing with his legos, drawing sets, bow and arrows, batman glove and books.



My loves enjoying a few hours at the park one day before Christmas.
Blessings to you and your family as 2017 draws to a close and we welcome in 2018!

Love, Jama for the Brazil Bunch


No comments:

Post a Comment