Thursday, October 13, 2016

If I Might...

If I Might...

I would tell you the month of September was C.R.A.Z.Y but good.
I would tell you the month of October wasn't supposed to be crazy, but it is good too!
I would tell you that God's grace continues to cover our days in beautiful ways.
I would tell you that in no way do the following pictures fully capture the special, fun times we have had since I last wrote.

In September we had no less than FOUR weddings to attend.  One of those was a double wedding in which my husband and I were honored to be attendants in.

Two of my partners in crime...I mean ministry buddies!  These two women are precious to me and it was fun to get ready with them.




It is unfortunate I don't have a picture of my husband and I together, though with two small children running around and trying to help where we could, I really did barely see him all day!  Many many thanks to my sweet father-in-law, who so graciously went with us to camp to help watch my busy 3 year old during the ceremony.

So, after four weddings and three big birthday bashes in September, we started October off right with a wonderful Saturday spent at a Chinese October Festival.  October is a important month in the Chinese culture and our friends' church does a big event every year.  We were so honored to be there this year.  We ate until we were nearly sick and thoroughly enjoyed the fun activities.  Everson and I loved our free acupuncture sessions and the kids loved the magic, piano recital and Lion Dance shows.

While I live immersed in a culture far different than the one I was raised in, getting to learn more about the many sub-cultures that also call Brazil home is such a rich experience.  A side note in honor of our dear friends who live in Japan: Sao Paulo city has the largest population of Japanese outside of Japan.   And hello, we have some good Chinese and Japanese food going on here in our megacity!!!



















My little guy was seriously wearing down about now.  He just wanted Tio Paulo to hold him! 

My little girl cracking up at the magician!!!
And yesterday we celebrated Children's Day here in Brazil, which happens to coincide with a national catholic holiday.  Daddy was home and we spent a wonderful day together...


 Homemade Play Dough and over an hour of quiet playing!


Chloe's alligator!

My little ham!

What can I say about our intended outing to the Mall except when life gives you Lemons, make lemonade!  We intended for the children to play at the indoor playground for awhile because the weather was super ugly yesterday.  However, after we saw the horrific lines for EVERYTHING at the Mall (and mommy's claustrophobia was setting in), we bought milkshakes and called Grandma Rosa to see if they were at home!

As spontaneous things go, lo and behold BIL, SIL and little Isaac man showed up about the same time and we ended up with our "lemonade"...a completely wonderfully unplanned evening together with family.  We went out to eat pizza and it was quite lovely!









Little Isaac man enjoying his sweet pizza: chocolate and strawberries.  Yumm, delicious!
 May your day be bright and full of Joy.  May your week end well and full of Peace.

                                                                         Blessings,
                                                                                  Jama





No comments:

Post a Comment