Sunday, September 4, 2016

Noah's Ark Birthday

This past week I was royally celebrated for three wonderful days.  Wednesday night my husband treated me to Mexican food and Starbucks (doesn't get much better than that folks!), Thursday (my actual birthday) was my previously mentioned tea party and Friday my sweet students and co-workers sang to me and surprised me with birthday cake!  All that coupled with the scores of emails, FB messages and Whatsapp messages, I just continue to feel overwhelmed by all the love and well wishes and prayers for a wonderful year ahead.  By God's grace, I am going to rock this "almost 40 thing"!!!!

Yesterday (Saturday) we switched the attention to our nearly THREE YEAR OLD and celebrated 

Noah Miguel

with a birthday brunch.

We know we are two weeks early but due to some family members traveling over his actual birthday, we decided we wanted them present so celebrated a bit early.  He didn't understand or care.  All he cared about was that Saturday was HIS day and anticipated it to the full.

EARLY Saturday morning I was waken by a beaming little boy gently shaking me awake.  "Come, mommy, come!  There's pompoms!" (spoken with an air of wonder!)

Chloe and I had decorated the wall in our living room after he went to sleep the night before and I was looking forward to seeing his face.  His little face was so full of joy I almost cried.  He was thrilled and just kept looking at the pompoms and saying, "We have pompoms!  We have pompoms!" and then breaking out in happy birthday in Portuguese.  Oh, the small things that bring joy to little ones.

So, here is to our NOAH.  The little boy that came quietly and calmly into our world three years ago and has brought us untold laughter and giggles as he learns and develops and enjoys the world around him.  His current passions are superheroes, musical instruments, making messes and temper tantrums.  He is all boy and we love that about him. He is usually quite affectionate and loves hugs and kisses.  He will stroke my cheek every once in awhile and say, "Oh my beautiful mommy!" He is a charmer until you cross him, then watch out world!  He is fiercely independant and his current motto is "I do it!"

He's our boy child.  We love him.  He completes our family well.

















All the darling paper decorations were courtesy of our dear Tia Juliana.  Her gift with creating banners and whatever else I ask her to do graces our walls long after the party has ended.  On her own iniative, she created this little paper "Noah" complete with his little tongue showing.  Noah has sucked his tongue since he was tiny when he is tired or sleepy!!!
















Some of our special guests were able to stay into the afternoon and while we were all visiting in the living room, the birthday boy was doing what he does best!




Our little Isaac Jorge was not well yesterday and almost did not make the party.  He and his parents arrived just as we were singing and cutting the cake.  Brazilian tradition is the birthday person chooses someone he/she wants to give the first piece of cake to.  It was really precious that Noah did not miss a beat.  He carefully took the plate of cake and went straight to Isaac.  He is in love with his little cousin and seemed to understand what he was doing! 

The beautiful rainbow cake, also courtesy of my incredibly talented friend, Juliana.  I did not want to touch this cake with a 10 foot pole, thank you very much so I sent her the pictures several weeks ago and the planning began!  A new experience for her, I think she deserves a standing ovation.  It was delicious to boot!

An impromtu time of singing old hymns...a lovely way to end the time together.  Noah was so weary by this time but he did not pass out until the very last guest had went home.

What a special day.  A heartfelt thank you to everyone who made Noah's day special and took the time to come have breakfast with us!  There were many special people missing but how we thank God for those close enough to help us celebrate one more year of Noah's life.

I say every year, what a miracle the child has survived one more year of LIFE.  Each birthday is a milestone in this accident prone child's life and his mommy just thanks God for the arrival of each one!!!

Have a blessed week,
Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment