Monday, July 24, 2023

The Writing of Many Books is Endless

"The words of wise men are like goads, and masters of these collections are like [a]well-driven nails; they are given by one Shepherd. But beyond this, my son, be warned: the [b]writing of many books is endless, and excessive devotion to books is wearying to the body. The conclusion, when all has been heard, is: fear God and keep His commandments, because this applies to every person." 

The Word of God as found in Ecclesiates 12:11-13


This may seem like a strange scripture to open this post with but it is a sobering reminder to me personally that there is truly no end to the books and work and people one can read, study or listen to.  It can be truly wearisome.  Exhausting.  That is why I try to be very intentional about what I read and how much time I spend in study and the pursuit of knowledge for the simple sake of knowledge.  I have a long ways to go in this area, so this post is mostly for me! 

I am super excited about this post that has been forming in my head for months.  Let's see if it materializes like I imagine in my head!  

I am so honored to know personally, or at the very least have met, several published authors.  Because we are in the last days and I believe we need to be intentional about everything, I appreciate having books written by people, real, authentic Christians, who have challenged my heart, mind and spirit by their books.  That is why I want to share briefly in this post each of these authors and their books so you too, can be blessed as I have been...if you so choose to read the following book suggestions. 
             ___________________________________________________________________________________

Gordon Rumble
I will start with Pastor Gordon Rumble, because I have known him the longest.  He is my uncle, married to my mother's sister, Heidi and they have been an integral part of my life since I can remember.  There are few people I have more respect for than this man of God who has spent so much of his life studying the End Times, the book of Revelation and the Word of God in general.  He is so humble and passionate in sharing his knowledge of the Word of God in creative and dynamic ways.  The first book I will post is actually a series of sermons he preached on Revelation.  If you live in the city he calls home, or are ever there visiting and have the chance to attend any classes or lectures he may be offering on the End Times, I highly recommend going.  Our little family had the privilege of participating in a short, 6 week course with U. Gordon and even my very young children sat quietly and listened and learned so much.

https://www.amazon.com/Revelation-Lessons-Last-Lap-Home/dp/1452007225

Dorothy Skiles
I am honored to know Dorothy since my birth as well, as she is my cousin.  She wrote a book for children on the End Times and U. Gordon illustrated it.  I highly recommend this short but powerful book to use in teaching your children (and maybe even yourself!) about how the End times may play out.  Of course we don't know everything for sure, but I think you will enjoy Dorothy's gift of writing and uncle's gift of drawing very much.

https://www.amazon.com/Up-Away-Childrens-Book-Revelation

Leah Rodriquez DeSalles
It was my honor and joy to work with Leah the two years before I married and moved overseas.  Our time together was short but she impacted my life.  As petite and small as I am tall and not small, she is a bundle of unending energy and spunk!  She is small but mighty and has published an incredible book called "The Greatest Story Ever...Retold."  This book was just really special to me.  It made Jesus seem so real, so personable, so present.  It is the fruit of Leah's imagination (which is quite vivid I might add!) but I just really enjoyed this book on many levels.  She also blogs and has challenged my walk with the Lord more than once in the fascinating and authentic way she writes.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=leah+rodriquez+desalles

Amanda Moghadas
There are few people I have met in life more passionate and more on fire for the Lord and His Word than my friend, Amanda.  I met her when my little family and I moved from Brazil to California in 2019.  She is a quiet, gentle spirited woman who understands what she has been saved from and where she is going.  She is truly an evangelist and has been gifted in turning every and any conversation to your need for a Savior and do you know where you are going when you die.  She pours out her life, time and resources for those she feels God has called her to minister to.  She has penned two books I have personally enjoyed.  She does not sell her books on Amazon but if you are interested please reach out to her at christalone6john14@yahoo.com with requests and or questions.



Mary Ruth Whitley
This is the most recent author I have had the privilege of meeting.  It was a brief encounter.  She is the mother of one of the brothers in our small group in California and attended small group with her son one evening.  She was incredibly modest, but he was glad to inform us she is a published author and we could find her books online at Amazon.  I went home and promptly ordered all three.  I thoroughly enjoyed all three but will say "The Remnant of Truth Seekers" was my favorite.  In keeping with my recent interest in the End Times and being prepared for what may lie ahead, this book helped make it seem all I don't even know the word, imaginable?  It is the fruit of the author's imagination of what the end times may look like of course, but for me it was refreshing and truly a worth while read.  The final two I will post are non-fiction and are very powerful little books.  I used them more like devotionals and also enjoyed them immensely.





I hope you have enjoyed these book suggestions and if you choose to read any of them, that they will be a blessing and encouragement to your spirit, not wearisome!  They have been a great blessing in my life and the authors even more so.  

Please share if you know other authors personally and would like to recommend their work and writings.  I love to read and am always excited to have a new book recommendation.

May your week be blessed and full of joy in whatever your hand finds to do for His glory, even your reading material.  

                                                                                Because He lives,
                                                                                               Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment