Monday, July 22, 2019

Summer Days

Photo courtesy of google images-7.22.19

Today I am reflecting on the word Kindness.  My aunt posted this on her Facebook page this morning and it hit me.  Hard.

KINDNESS: noun-"Loaning someone your strength instead of reminding them of their weakness."

Wow. Beautiful.  Powerful.  Convicting.  Deep.

Why is it so much easier and natural for me to "put people in their place," or "kick them while they are down," or just simply want the last word???

So my question to Jama today is: what does a little kindness cost?  Isn't it worth it if it might change someone's day?  All I get deep in my soul is a resounding YES!!!

                 __________________________________________________________________

Our Summer Days are flying by.  In only a few more days our children start back to school and they are so so excited about that fact.  We are so enjoying the summer days but my children just love the routine of school.  Strange I know but I am so so grateful for that instead of the alternative.

When daddy and papa have a job at Pebble Beach, it is as good excuse as any to go take them lunch and enjoy a few hours on the beach at the same time!







First time for Miss C to have straight hair!

Happy 4th of July!!!



Independence Parade in my hometown

It's a small town!  We ran into lots of friends and family!

Lots of things bring sweet memories...and just lots of "misses" in general.

Mr. N is beside himself that his much awaited tree house is becoming a reality!  Slowly as the guys work on it when there is time but it will be wonderful when it's done.

Mr. N has learned to swim this summer!  Miss J is a wonderful, patient, loving teacher and an immense God send to us this summer.


Daddy is tired of paying hair cutting fees for this one, so decided last weekend to take matters into his own hands.  Literally!



Look at that fantastic haircut!  I am so proud of my man.  He was quite nervous but did a great job for a first.

My sister-friend reminded me of something so important this past week.  Love truly manifests itself in a myriad of ways and how much it can mean to just know someone thought of you and cared enough to bring your favorite flowers from her garden and visit for a bit.



Summer Days would not be complete without an evening at the country fair, now would it?


How many kiddos to milk a cow???

We had special visitors for breakfast one morning...all the way from Ohio!  These are my children's great-great aunt and uncle.  I thought that picture worthy, not to mention I love them dearly and was so very glad to see them after so many years.

My children had never experience a pinata and were SO excited to do so last night at my nieces's 5th birthday celebration.


Happy birthday girly girl!  Your birthday finally arrived and it was so fun to be here to celebrate with you!
So as the summer days pass swiftly, we keep looking UP.  We continue to wait for a full time job for my husband.  We continue to wait for that income to be able to get our own little place to live.  But over it all is God's most bountiful grace and kindness to us.  Sharing His strength with us instead of pointing out our weakness. 

May His joy be your strength in whatever you are facing today.  Dear ones who have serious, life threatening illnesses, friends who buried their 42 year old daughter, sister and mother last week.  Dear ones waiting for test results, caring for a dying father, the list goes on.  Truly it is only Jesus who can bring comfort, peace and joy in the midst of our earthly sufferings.  And He will.  Just let Him!

                                                                                   Blessings,
                                                                                             Jama










No comments:

Post a Comment