Tuesday, September 5, 2017

"With All My Heart:" Celebrating 40

On Thursday of last week, my sweet students planned a really sweet surprise birthay celebration for me.  I was touched by their love and "carinho."  One of my student's mother made this delicious chocolate cake.






"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your marvelous works!"
Psalm 1:9




This was my birthday card from them.  We have fun selfies together, but unfortunately as they are minors I cannot post those.  They were quite pleased with themselves in surprising me!


Some of my sweet gifts.
 Friday, September 1st was my actual birthday.  Big 4.0.  I shared the scripture above because while last year I was in panic mode at the thought of leaving my precious 30s behind...this week I just felt overwhelmed with gratitude.  I am well.  I am healthy.  I am raising my children.  My husband and I are nearing our 10 year anniversary.  Our children are healthy.  How.blessed.am.I?

My precious friend, Juliana, spent Friday afternoon with me while the children were at school.  She brought me cinnamon rolls and we sat and talked and talked and talked.  Perfect birthday afternoon.  Thanks, Ju, for sharing my special day with me!


Saturday I just wanted to eat Mexican food with my three favorite people.  That is exactly what we did.  It was fantastic!

I have decided my son doesn't know how to take a normal picture.  Ever.  Someday he will love these pictures!!

One of our two huge plates of food!



This special gift came from a dear friend of mine, a fellow teacher and sister in Christ.  She gave it to me saying that owls are a symbol for teachers and it just really touched my heart.  This semester has been super, super challenging and difficult on many levels for me and most of August was spent overwhelmed and frustrated.  This gift, with its simple message, gave me hope.  While I never dreamed I would be a teacher, God has put me there and will keep me there.  Thank you, sweet Camila.  God used you this weekend to encourage and inspire me.
And so to my parents who called me, to the many Whatsapp messages and untold numbers of Facebook messages to a few special emails to my husband who took me to lunch and my mother in law who cooked on Sunday so I did not have to, to my precious High School students, THANK YOU!!!  My world is so full.  My heart is so full.  I am so loved and incredibly blessed and each of you are a special part of that blessing.

                                                                       Celebrating 40,
                                                                                    Jama

No comments:

Post a Comment